Scholarship Information 2024-25
Temple Emanuel ECDC is pleased to offer two scholarship opportunities for eligible families. Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year are now open and will close April 30, 2024.*
- Families with one child who will be 3 years old by 8/31/24, and an income below $108,444, are encouraged to apply. Additionally, for each eligible dependent in the household the income cap is raised by $19,088.
- Adjustments to the income cap are also made for families with children who have special needs.
*It is possible to receive more than one scholarship. Families may apply for both scholarships.
PRE-K EITC SCHOLARSHIP
Every year the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh provides families who qualify, with scholarships through their scholarship entity – the Pittsburgh Jewish Pre-Kindergarten Educational Improvement Foundation. The application process is managed by FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, who collect and verify applicant data.
- There is an application fee of $40 that families will need to pay to apply for scholarships through the FACTS system.
- If you have not used the FACTS scholarship portal before, here is a quick video to familiarize yourself with the platform.
- Please reach out to FACTS directly at 866-441-4637 with questions about the application or the FACTS system, as their staff is best positioned to assist. If assistance is still needed after engaging with FACTS, please let us know.
GEM Scholarship Fund is endowed by former ECDC grandparents Dr. Betty Jo Hirschfield and Howard Louik. The GEM Scholarship Fund is administered by the Central Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund www.pennsylvaniaeitc.com.
- There is no application fee.
- Please submit completed application by email to Kate Louik at [email protected] or by mail to Temple Emanuel ECDC, 1250 Bower Hill Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15243 attn: GEM Scholarship.
- Applications must be received by 4/30/2024.